Tempe, Arizona

On Sept. 2014 I placed an order and paid 50% ( required)of total payment to Phoenix Woodworking (Cascade ID) for a bedroom set which was supposed to be delivered in 2 weeks. Excuses given were ligation with insurance company,maternity leave,not realizing to build mirror to attach to dresser,not knowing mirror ready for shipment for two months and etc.The furniture wasn’t shipped until Dec.and only a partial shipment.The invoice I received indicated all the furniture I paid the additional 50% ($1237.50) for would be shipped.

I sent many e-mails to the company requesting information as to when the missing piece would arrive with no response. I turned the matter over to AMX who withheld the additional 50 % until they received a chargeback evidence for payment document which in my estimate is deceiving because it only states the order was sent but says nothing specifying it was a partial shipment. I contacted AMX and sent proof of my claims to their document center. (If I knew the full shipment couldn’t be met I would have canceled the order but Phoenix Woodworking took that option away from me by lying. They knew all along the mirror wasn’t going to be shipped).

Phoenix Woodworking sent me an email on 02/05/15( two months after partial shipment delivery) stating the sales lady Heather (who is married to the furniture builder Brian) didn’t know the mirror was ready for shipment and at the same time threatening me with thief charges.I believe that Heather and Brian deliberately neglected responding to my initial inquires about the mirror. My reason for this is because despite Heather’s claims to have not known that the mirror was ready for shipment, she sent an email on Dec. 2, 2014 after the partial shipment delivery that clearly stated Brian wasn’t used to building hanging mirrors not a mirror attached to the dresser on orders (and the fact that a husband and wife didn’t communicate that the mirror was ready for shipment for two months is difficult for me to believe).

More recently I received an email from said company indicating crediting my account for $150 which I mailed back not acceptable but they credited the account anyway. It appears they were trying to collect full payment less the price of the mirror and not produce the mirror. Not only did they fool me when requesting the addition 50% before shipping but they tried to deceive AMX a second time that is now holding up the final payment again. In addition my dresser has been away from the wall waiting for the mirror to be installed and shipping crates left on my porch because they weren’t answering my emails. I also had to make 3 repairs because they did not respond to my E-mails.It is now almost 7 months and no mirror attached to dresser.

I would like to charge them with fraud/breach of contract and keep the later 50% of the money for all the lies, stall tactics and treats I have tolerated with this company but I know thats not likely to happen. If they were a decent company they would ship the mirror free after all this time. Be advise READ THEIR RETURN POLICY. A quick summary is as follows:

The customer must notify the company within 72 hours that they would like to return the the product.

The furniture must be unused.

The customer must pay for return shipping and ship it in the original crates or pack it comparable to how it was shipped to them if the original crates are unavailable.

I believe an additional $150 for restocking is required.

In my case I had to pay this company 50% prior to taking an order and the additional 50% prior to receive the order.

Even though it was their fault, to return the product I will I wii have to pay all shipping costs and an additional $150 for restocking.

As of 5/12/15, Heather claimed the mirror was ready for shipment one week after the invoice but I ask if that were true why wasn’t the mirror sent since I paid for it on 11/21/14 and AMX did not pull the money out until 1/20/15. Just another false statement. I’m forced to purchase the mirror because I want it to match my bedroom set but I’m not happy with the way they conduct business especially with all their childish excuse.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Phoenix Woodworking Corporation?

Comments

Return Policy

No Refunds or exchanges on custom orders.

Returns

Our policy lasts 72 hours.If 72 hours have gone by since you received your product, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.

To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. And buyer must pay for return shipping.

There is a $100 restocking fee per item which will be deducted from your refund. Refunds (if applicable) Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.

Original shipping cost is not refundable. Refunds based on purchase price only. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. Late or missing refunds (if applicable) If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.

Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at sales@furniturebyphoenix.com Sale items (if applicable) Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.

Exchanges...

Front St., Cascade, Idaho, US, 83611 You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service and purchasing shipping insurance.

We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.And we are not responsible for damage done in return shipping, you will have to take that up with the shipper.